10 Things to Love about Fall
Once summer winds down, it's time to turn your attention to autumn. This beautiful season is full of reasons to celebrate with their own unique, seasonal flavor and there are lots of activities that you can share with family and friends. To get you inspired, here is a list of 10 things to love about fall:
- Crisp Fall Days: When the sky is clear and the air is fresh, taking long walks to enjoy the weather is refreshing and enjoyable. Grab the kids or the dog and head outside!
- Football: Whether you’re a fan of the NFL or your college alma mater, football season is in full swing! Check your team’s schedule for the next big game and invite some friends over for a football party.
- Pumpkins: Picking out the perfect pumpkin can be a tough task: do you choose the perfectly round one or the slightly lopsided lumpy one? Although they may eventually be turned into pie or carved into a scary mask, trips to the pumpkin patch are another activity that fall wouldn’t be complete without. Once you find the perfect one, get tips for how to carve a pumpkin.
- Oktoberfest: It’s the great beer festival held annually in Munich, Germany that draws an attendance of more than 5 million people a year! You can, of course, celebrate closer to home with many cities hosting Oktoberfest celebrations modeled after the original event. Or share a virtual drink with a pal and send a free beer-themed eCard to commemorate the occasion! Better yet, plan a fun Oktoberfest party with German beer, soft pretezels, and bratwurst.
- World Series: The end of baseball season means cheering on your favorite team as they compete in the Fall Classic. America’s favorite past time is definitely one of the best things about autumn.
- Fall Foliage: Certain areas of the country are treated to the beautiful sight of watching the leaves change color each fall. Green slowly gives way to reds, oranges, and yellows, creating brightly colored trees. If you don’t live in an area where the leaves change color, plan a weekend getaway to the northern states to witness nature at its finest.
- Apple Picking: What could be more quintessentially fall? Head over to local apple orchard to pick your own apples that can later be turned into delicious homemade pies, muffins, and cider. Don’t forget to grab a cider doughnut at the orchard!
- Fall Baking: With all of these terrific foods in season during the fall (the aforementioned pumpkins and apples), there seems to be a lot of baking going on! Just thinking about pumpkin pies, apple crisp, and other fall pastries is enough to get mouths watering. Try this delicious cinnamon apple crisp recipe!
- Indian Summer: So maybe you aren’t quite ready to give up on summer yet! You may be lucky enough to receive one last spell of warm weather before the chilly winter takes over.
- Halloween: No fall list would be complete without the biggest of fall holidays — Halloween! There’s so much to enjoy about this holiday beyond candy and costumes. You can have fun decorating for the holiday or planning a Halloween party. Get Halloween ideas and start planning!
With so many things to look forward to in the fall, it's easy to be excited about the new season. Try some of the suggestions listed above or start your own traditions!
Sign up and we'll send more inspiration straight to you.Sign up now