Holiday Engagement Party & Gift Ideas
Whether you’re the host of a holiday engagement party or a guest, check out our helpful guide on how to plan a holiday engagement party and ideas for engagement party gifts for the happy couple.
- Engagement Announcement. If you haven’t already, formally announce your exciting news to family and friends with a personalized, online engagement announcement. Choose one of our gorgeous engagement eCards and add a photo of you and your fiancé!
- Engagement Party Checklist. Couples should start to plan an engagement party one to three months after the engagement is announced. The best way to start planning is to draft a party checklist of everything you need to do, buy, set up, and make, allowing enough time for each task. The date, venue, guest list, invitations, decorations, and menu are all key aspects of any engagement party and should be included in your checklist.
- Engagement Party Invitations. Include important party information in a gorgeous, online engagement party invitation perfect for the holidays. Include a personalized message in your invitation, send the invites from your phone via text or email, and easily gather RSVPs online. Hosts should send invitations two to three weeks in advance of the party.
- Engagement Party Decorations. Be sure to incorporate plenty of red and green throughout your party space. For centerpieces, purchase mini Christmas trees or fill glass jars with colorful, round ornaments. Use poinsettias and garland to bring some greenery into the room and be sure to have photos of the happy couple in holiday-themed frames on display. Not into traditional Christmas colors? A White Christmas Engagement Party might be your answer. Decorate your party space with an all-white theme to achieve a beautiful and elegant snow-covered look. Incorporate hints of gold and white string lights throughout to add some sparkle!
- Engagement Party Games. Set up a festive photo backdrop with fun holiday props and an instant camera. Have a mini whiteboard or chalkboard on hand so guests can write their best marital advice and include it in their photo. At the end of the party, the bride and groom can vote on their favorite words of wisdom and create a photo album of everyone’s contributions. Another fun holiday engagement party game is Christmas Carol Karaoke. After guests belt out their favorite holiday tune, the happy couple can vote on the best or funniest Christmas Carol rendition!
- Engagement Party Cupcakes. A sweet way to celebrate an engagement is with festive cupcakes, which are easy to distribute and can be customized to match your holiday engagement decorations. For an elegant cupcake, use gold foil cupcake liners, a white cake mix, vanilla frosting, powdered sugar for “snow,” and fresh cranberries and cinnamon sticks to top everything off!
- Engagement Party Favors. Thank your guests for attending your party with a small token of appreciation. Candles with scents like cinnamon or pine, individually wrapped heart-shaped gingerbread cookies, or an amaryllis flower bulb that will bloom a beautiful red are all thoughtful holiday engagement party favors.
- Engagement Party Gifts. Not sure what to get the special couple for their holiday engagement party? A Christmas tree ornament that reflects your relationship with the couple would be a fun and thoughtful gift. A monogrammed set of holiday hand towels or a pair of matching “Mr. & Mrs.” Christmas aprons also make perfect gifts for a holiday engagement. Lastly, guests can send an online Congratulations card or holiday card with a personalized message, heartfelt video, and gift card the couple is sure to appreciate!
Love this article?
Sign up and we'll send more inspiration straight to you.Sign up now