Golf Birthday Party
If relaxing, playing eighteen holes, and hanging out at the country club is what the birthday guest of honor loves to do, then make their birthday celebration a golf theme party! Even if the party won't actually be held on the golf green, with the right invitations, decorations, and party menu, your guests will feel like they have been transported to a country club after an afternoon of golf.
Here are some tips for how to pull off a memorable golf birthday party for your favorite golf enthusiast.
- Invitations: The invitations are the first impression you send your guests about your party. Make sure that they represent your golf theme in a fun yet elegant way. Pick a design with at least one golf accent, such as a golf ball and tee or golf clubs. Invite your guests to wear golf attire to make your theme really come to life when everyone arrives.
Decorations: You want your guests to walk into your party and feel like they are at a country club after finishing up a round of golf. Use decorations to transform your party space and create this ambiance. Here are some ideas to achieve this look:
- Tables: Accent all of your tables with either white or green linen tablecloths and simple, elegant place settings. White plates on the green tables will look sharp and festive.
- Centerpieces: A creative idea for your centerpieces is to use a large vase and fill it with daisies. Then, fill the bottom of the vase with white golf balls to incorporate the theme.
- DIY Coasters: Impress guests with homemade grass coasters. To make these, all you need is a sheet of artificial grass cut out into 4x4 inch squares.
- Party Menu: For your golf birthday party menu, include items that you would find at a country club. Hire a local caterer or plan the menu yourself. For food, some items to include on your menu include mini tea sandwiches, crudité platters, cheese and cracks, and shrimp cocktail. For beverages, serve two popular drinks named after famous golfers: Arnold Palmer and John Daly. The Arnold Palmer is a non-alcoholic beverage that consists of half iced tea and half lemonade, while the John Daly is an alcoholic version made of iced tea, lemonade, and vodka.
- Birthday Cake: A golf birthday celebration is not complete without cake. For your golf theme, create a golf birthday cake to impress your guests and especially the birthday guest of honor. A great way to incorporate your golf theme is to create a “tee time” cake. Choose your prefered cake mix and bake the cake according to the instructions. Then, create green icing using green food coloring and vanilla frosting. After you have iced your cake, decorate the top to look like a golf course with a combination of frosting and cake toppers in the shape of a ball, tee, club, and hole with a flag.
- Activity: Use the same artificial grass you used for the coasters to create your own mini putting area. Provide balls and putters so your guests can practice their putting during the celebration.
- Favors: What does every golfer need in his or her golf bag? A golf towel, of course! Personalized golf towels are a wonderful golf party favor because you can get them personalized with the event name and date. Even if you have guests who don't golf, they'll likely be able to find another use for the towel.
For an added touch to your golf themed birthday party, you can give the guest of honor a golf themed gift. This could be something big like a new golf bag, or a homemade gift bag full of smaller items like golf balls, tees, golf shirts, and more.
Sign up and we'll send more inspiration straight to you.Sign up now