Party Themes to Color You Happy
Avoid the struggle to find a unique or specialized theme for your child's birthday party or best friend’s baby shower and go with a color party theme instead. Throw an elegant party with specific color party themes and focus on one sensational color, or throw in an accent color, to make it a two-color theme.
Try out these color party theme ideas:
Green: Create a green party theme for an upcoming birthday! Concentrate all of your efforts around one shade of green or numerous light and dark tones. Consider green theme ideas such as:
- Invitations: When you plan your event on Punchbowl you can choose an free invitation you like, and pick the exact color of your choice to match your color theme.
- Cake: Visit your local bakery and order a cake for the green birthday celebration. Start with a cream color or white as the base frosting, and have the bakery decorate the cake with light green and dark green circles of fondant frosting. Write a happy birthday message on the top of the cake. Add green candles for the finishing touch.
- Favors: Give guests favors at the end of the birthday party. Bake vanilla cookies and frost them with green frosting. Add sprinkles over the frosting. Package the cookies in cellophane bags and tie green ribbon on the top. Add a tag with a special birthday message.
Blue and Brown: Plan a blue and brown wedding for a couple getting married on the beach or for a mellow couple who are suited to this popular color combo.
- Programs: Create blue and brown programs for the wedding ceremony with beautiful, heavyweight cardstock paper. Use a large piece of blue or brown cardstock for the border of the program, and a smaller piece of the opposite color cardstock for the center of the program. Tie blue and brown ribbon at the top of the program. Add a monogram sticker to the front page of the program in the same color theme.
- Dessert Table: Create an elegant dessert table and display sweets that are easy to grab like candy and cupcakes. Use clear glass dishes and jars as not to distract from the impact of your party colors. Display blue and brown M&Ms, jelly beans, and chocolate cupcakes with blue icing.
- Bridal Party: Have the bridal party dress in spectacular attire to go along with the blue and brown wedding theme. Dress the guys in brown tuxes or suits, paired with a blue vest, white shirt, and blue tie. Select brown dresses for the girls, and accent them with a blue sash, for a fall or winter wedding. Choose blue dresses and accent them with brown sashes for a spring or summer wedding.
Black and Pink: In the case of a baby shower, choose pink or blue (if you know the baby's gender), and then accent it with another complementary color, such as black. Create a beautiful black and pink baby shower, and incorporate these ideas:
- Decorations: Decorate the baby shower in a bright, magenta pink with black accents. Cover the tables with pink tablecloths, and display black cups, napkins and cutlery. Search online or in your local party store for black and pink polka dot plates. Create a centerpiece with black box, filled with sand, as a weight. Tie a piece of pink ribbon around the outside of the box. Attach the strings of pink and black balloons with polka dots to the box.
- Favors: Send the baby shower guests home with black and pink favors. Purchase pink Chinese food takeout boxes, and put pieces of black tissue paper inside. Fill the boxes with gourmet chocolates and candy.
- Guest Book: Be creative, and make a guest book for baby shower guests to leave a message for the mom-to-be. Use black pages for the inside of the book, and supply pink gel pens for the guests to write their messages.
Use these ideas for party color themes to make any occasion special. Mix and match various party colors with themes and events for the perfect combination.
Sign up and we'll send more inspiration straight to you.Sign up now