Thanksgiving Planning Checklist
Prepare for Thanksgiving in advance with a Thanksgiving planning checklist. Include everything for your Thanksgiving planning from invitations, set-up, and decorations to food and drinks for your guests. If you are expecting a large group of guests and are feeling overwhelmed, hire a Thanksgiving party planner.
Here is a basic Thanksgiving checklist to get you started:
- Invitations: The first task on your Thanksgiving planner should be your guest list. Think about everyone you want to invite, determine seating arrangements, and how to fit all the guests in your residence or Thanksgiving party venue. Invite family and friends with an online Thanksgiving invitation. Choose your invitation design based on the style of the event—formal or casual and kid-friendly. Include information such as the name of the event, date, time, and location.
- Set-up: Set-up is a very important part of planning Thanksgiving. Leave yourself plenty of time to arrange your tables, chairs, plates, glasses, cups, and utensils in advance of Thanksgiving. Prepare items such as tablecloths, napkins, platters, bowls, bread baskets, gravy bowls, serving utensils, coffee pots, cream pitcher, and sugar bowl as well.
- Decorations: Adorn your house or Thanksgiving venue with festive decorations. Decorate with warm fall colors such as red, orange, yellow, or brown. Include floral decorations such as mums and fall decorations such as cornucopias. Add a warm feel with votive candles, decorative fall leaves, and pine cones. Check out these easy Thanksgiving centerpiece ideas for more inspiration.
- Food: Serve mouth-watering Thanksgiving food to your guests. Consider a three course meal with appetizers, the main course, and dessert. Start with appetizers such as bruschetta and mini hot dogs. Serve turkey for a traditional Thanksgiving meal along with side dishes such as stuffing, corn bread, sweet potatoes, green beans, cranberry sauce, and ham. Serve scrumptious desserts such as blueberry, pumpkin, and apple pies, or check out these easy Thanksgiving dessert ideas.
- Drinks: Provide a variety of alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks for Thanksgiving refreshment. Purchase bottles of diet and regular soda. Put water in a pitcher with ice and lemon wheels. Serve red and white wine and offer mixed drinks for alcoholic beverages. Offer decaf and regular coffee for dessert beverages.
Follow this simple Thanksgiving party checklist and ensure that you cover all the Thanksgiving basics. Take it step by step, and accomplish your Thanksgiving party planning goals. Good luck and remember to enjoy yourself!
Love this article?
Sign up and we'll send more inspiration straight to you.Sign up now