Tips for Planning a Fundraising Event
Fundraising is an art and no matter what it's for, you want to do it right and make sure you raise the most money possible. Hosting a fundraiser can be intimidating. There are a lot of things to do and everyone can use a few fundraising event tips to ensure that everything goes smoothly. There are some subtle differences between throwing a fundraising event and a fundraising party. Here are some fundraiser planning tips to help you along!
How to host a fundraiser event:
- Make a list of all the potential guests and send a digital invitation to the event through Punchbowl. Customize with all the details of the event and also include how guests can help raise money or donate. Don't miss the unique Contributions feature that allows you to collect donations up front!
- Develop a timeline for the event. Start with an opening speech, a time for people to eat or mingle, a special speaker, a presentation about the non profit or charity, and then a final goodbye.
- Make a comprehensive list of all the donors and activites that will be at the event.
- Book and organize vendors, people that will help you on the big day, and who needs to be paid versus volunteering their time or resources.
- Make sure to get as much publicity for the event as possible!
How to run a successful fundraiser party:
- Follow the steps above for the most part, but include planning some music, having an MC, focusing more on cocktails than food during the event and making sure everyone knows where and how to donate. It's hard to concentrate on the cause when people are dancing and mingling!
More tips for planning a fundraising event:
Since your goal is to raise money, it's also a good idea to find sponsors for your event. For example, if you're set on hosting an event at a venue, call the venue and see if they want to donate the space as a sponsor for your charity fundraising event. It's best to seek sponsorships from venues and vendors that you frequent often. For example, maybe your local florist or caterer would be willing to provide floral centerpieces or some buffet items for your fundraiser? Or, maybe your neighborhood bar is willing to give you the back room at no charge. You'll never know if you don't ask!
Sign up and we'll send more inspiration straight to you.Sign up now